If there's an activity you'd like to run or would like to be a participant in, give us a holler and we'll see what we can do.
Activities so far may include:
- Night Sky Tour (Chris)
- Setting up the club's Solar Scope (Rhondda/Chris)
- Setting up the Club's Celestron Scope (Rhondda/Chris)
- Connecting your camera to a telscope (Bob)
- Registax and Deep Sky Stacker (Chris)
- Auto Guiding (Bob/Chris)
- Astronomy Basics (Chris and others)
- Astrophotography basics (Rhondda)
- Astro Software (Bob)
- Tablet Apps (Chris)
- StarTrails (Jeremy) See below for details
- Rocketry. 3 rocket drag race! HELP required please? (Jeremy)
- Various other activities, eating, walking, land sailing, bowls, and lazing around if there's time.
A short session on Star Trails will be run. Anyone interested will require a camera capable of a series of 30 sec shots, a laptop/comp and please download a MAC or PC version of StarStax. Please make sure you have your batteries charged and an empty memory card. There's an article on startrails here but there's a much better article in your Astronomy 2016 Book by Quasar Publishing.
We'll do a couple of hours of imaging, and put it all together on Sunday morning on your PC.
Celestial items of interest
28th - Antares, Venus and Saturn make a nice line up approx 3deg separation
ISS passes for the weekend.